Friday Five: Migraines, Math, Snowflakes, and Divas



Emmy Mom



Well it is Friday and I am happy as can be! Just because it means no homework for the kids. I am also happy to play along with my bestie today with her Friday Five! 

1. If you caught my blog yesterday, you know I had a migraine for over a week. What a suck fest that was. I cursed my kids with those nasty evil things too. What a crime. I know it's not my fault, but what a curse. Enough of that nonsense!

2.  I got a body scan (by electric pulses) at the doctor's office yesterday. Through this little device they can decipher body mass, water retention, and an assortment of other basic data to give an overall look at your health. Well, as it turns out, I am pretty healthy, but my HDL cholesterol levels are low(you want those ones to be higher...the LDLs or "lethals" are the ones we want lower.) Here's the kicker I am dehydrated. What? I drink water...and *cough* pop *cough* what? Who said that?? I am not drinking enough water! My WW Leader would shake her head at me. How much water do we need??? 6-8 8 ounce glasses of water! Yep. Because I am not getting that in, my body is holding on to about 8 to 10 POUNDS of water!!! WHAT!??  Pass the water! 

3. I am in a new math class. It's an intermediate algebra class. I understand that math is a daily occurrence. We literally (correct use of literally) use math in our lives on a daily basis. However, for what point and purpose does an intermediate course in algebra do an English major? I am legitimately curious. 

4.  Do you ever have one of those days where all you do is run around and go and go? Yeah? Okay.

5.  My cat is a full tilt diva. He actually is co-owned by me and my daughter(well he owns us let's be honest cats think you are there for their benefit). When we are in the same room he struggles with his loyalty, unless he is mad at one of us, then there is no problem. He will go to the other as if to say, "See, she loves me." Diva.


A perfect example of Spencer's diva mode. He was mad at me because I got up. Kristin called him to come to her. He did. He showed me!
our fence after some strong winds and heavy rains.

I love me some Diet Coke...especially from the fountain!
My daughter got "heart-attacked" from the girls at church.
I possess the power to revoke the status of "special snowflake" from anyone acting in a way unbecoming to a snowflake! In other words, if someone is acting like a #%$hat, I will wave my wand and remove your status as a snowflake!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Leave of Absence

Review Extravaganza 2012 April, May and June!

Dancing with the Stars---Dead